13 Jul I know your fears already…
… without you telling me about them.
It’s not because I know you as a person or details about your life. The reason I know about your fears is that it’s absolutely normal to have them. Even if they differ in their appearance from person to person, nobody is immune. We all have them.
But although we all share these emotions, we rarely talk about them and therefore often feel to be the only weak and fearful person in the world. As a result, we sometimes end up feeling like a failure. But that’s nonsense.
The truth is, there is always a way out…
… If you are willing to find it
hat is fear?
Fear is an emotion, that can be so strong that it has effects on our body and our mind. I am sure that everybody has already experienced that feeling when the heart starts beating faster and the whole body starts trembling in the moment we ‘meet’ our fear. Sometimes we even can get sick from fear or we are so scared of something that all our thoughts circle around this fear and block our mind.
That is fear.
hy is it worth overcoming these fears?
Because our fears limit us in our daily life. They hold us back from doing something that we would like to do. They hold us back from living the life we really want. As a consequence, a lot of our decisions are based on fears.
When you are afraid of flying (as I was) all your travel decisions are based on that fear. You limit yourself to destinations which can be reached by car or bus. But when you face this fear–even if that feels impossible at the beginning–you will free yourself in many ways. Because then you will be able to go everywhere you want, for the rest of your life.
Additionally, you will prove to yourself that you are capable of overcoming your fears and that you are a strong person. You will realise that such fears never really change a situation. The situation will still be the same whether you are fearful or not.
How to overcome fears:
It’s important that we don’t look at our fears as imperfections or weaknesses, even if the ‘perfect’ world of social media makes us believe this. Always keep in mind that it’s ok to have fears and it’s important to admit them to yourself.
Use these 6 simple steps when you want to overcome them:
1) Accept yourself with all the fears you have. You are still amazing.
2) Stop finding excuses to face your fears and to get out of your comfort zone.
3) Affirm that you are capable of overcoming your fears. Tell yourself several times that you are a strong and brave person. Again and again. Until you start to believe it.
“We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.”
4) Then choose one of your fears (a small one at the beginning) and face it. Immerse yourself in that emotion, and find out that it’s just a feeling at the end of the day. Nothing more.
5) Do it again and again until you start to trust in your own strength to overcome this fear. Be patient with yourself. After a while you might figure out that all of your fears are caused by a lack of trust. The trust in your own abilities as well as the trust in the goodwill of life – even if that includes challenges.
6) Experience the liberating feeling of overcoming your fears.
“If your dreams don’t scare you,
they are not big enough.”
– Ellen Johnson Sirleaf